Running on Love......and coffee...

Sunday, February 1, 2009

little boy clothes

so, as a blogger, i'm totally a loser! i have very good intentions and all, but no follow through! anyway, on to another funny jude story...
my ma just got back from visiting my grandparents in oklahoma. last time she was there, she got all of my children cowboy boots...which turned out to be one of the highligts of their christmas. they all love them and would wear them everyday if i allowed it or if the school allowed it. honestly, i wouldn't mind never having to tie shoes again. this last time my mom came home from OK, she brought the kids western-style shirts. of course they all run to try them on and alll agree it is what they will wear to church the next day...fastforward to today...we all get ready for church, all of the kids decked out from head to toe in western wear. jude adds a straw cowboy hat for good measure and is very much dissappointed when i tell him that he can't wear a hat in church. 
after we return home from church, jude, as he does every other day, strips down to his undies. he lives like that pretty much all the time that we are at home. when he realizes that everyone is going outside to enjoy this beautiful day, he starts telling me he needs his clothes. i ak where he put them, and he tells me that he doesn't know. i look everywhere for them until i finally find all the clothes he had on earlier stuffed in his sock drawer. i bring them to him and he looks at me like i've lost my mind. he says, "mama, i don't need my cowboy clothes. i need my little boy clothes, now! you can't play outside unless you wear little boy clothes!" how silly of me. 

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem with blogging! I try all the time but just can't get them finished! I literally have like 50 drafts... oh well maybe someday! Your stories are hilarious and put a smile on my face ~

    ReplyDelete